Saturday, March 28, 2020

THE BALLAD OF SAINT COVID.





THE BALLAD OF SAINT COVID 



I ventured out from my cave today,

To see how much humanity I might belay...




I arrived at my Rural Post Office and happened

 to see,

Saint Covid with his Twelve Tiny Reindeer

 coming out of their Tree...




They were plastering the Post Office with Paper

 Notices and such,

Reminding We needed to keep our distance and

 not going dutch...




 This Country Post Office is six feet by twelve 

feet,

and at no time is there room for more than one 

Geek... 




An Octogenarian was the only one in the Line,

so I asked Him if he was fine.





I am keeping my distance and doing my part 

said He,

It's all BS, I said as I opted to disagree...




He got up his dander, just the same,

and I waited til his turn eventually came...






He was in there a while to complete His chore,

So I met him when was coming out the Door...






He looked at Me not, instead he looked at the

 Ground,

and I figured I had won me a Round!





As I passed the Service Window so bare,

I saw the Plastic Sheet hanging there... 





At the bottom of the Plastic Sheet was a six inch

 opening for which to pass,

Infected Money, Papers and First Class!





I went to pick up my Mail in a Sack,

When suddenly the Door opened from the back...





The Postman smiled and wished me a Good Day, 

and I hardly knew what to say!






Now there were TWO of us in Lobby,

and I understood that the sign was just a Hobby...





After all, there is One Rule for Me,

and One Rule for Thee!






So, Good People, the next time your Rulers tell

you what to do,

Just remember that Saint Covid is watching You!






Written by

Harald Hesstvedt Scharnhorst




*    *    *    *    *    *







.










No comments:

Post a Comment